Wait until you’re big. but not too big.
You want your belly to be big and beautiful, but you don’t want it to be so large that posing and holding different positions for any length of time becomes taxing. Professional photographer Ten.G suggests taking photos right around 30 weeks. That’s when your belly gets really round, he says, but it’s not too heavy yet.
Wear Something Stretchy
The whole point of the shoot is to see the gorgeous belly, right? Tight, stretchy clothes will best accentuate all your great curves.
,” TenG says, since their primary objective is often to feel good on, rather than flatter your shape. He recommends trying some fitted Gap or Old Navy tank tops in solid colors instead.
“Skip the florals, plaids, and checks,” You want to be able to look back at these pictures in 10 or 20 years and still think the photos look great. Whereas really stylized clothes can get dated, solid dark and neutrals are timeless.”
Poses to try
Here are a few of our expert maternity photographers favorite poses:
* Close up on the belly
* You lying on your back on a couch.
* Older sibling kissing the belly
* You holding older sibling (so they’re sitting on the belly facing you)
* Sitting Indian style, facing the camera
* Working the S curve — one hip out, one shoulder high, one shoulder low, hands relaxed. Think supermodel!
* Profile shot
* Any yoga poses you know (and can get into easily)